Buy Low Price From Here Now
Nick Heller is tough, smart, and stubborn. And in his line of work, it's essential. Trained in the Special Forces, Nick is a high-powered intelligence investigator--exposing secrets that powerful people would rather keep hidden. He's a guy you don't want to mess with. He's also the man you call when you need a problem fixed.
Desperate, with nowhere else to run, Nick's nephew, Gabe makes that call one night. After being attacked in Georgetown, his mother, Lauren, lies in a coma, and his step-dad, Roger, Nick's brother, has vanished without a trace.
Nick and Roger have been on the outs since the arrest, trial, and conviction of their father, the notorious "fugitive financier," Victor Heller. Where Nick strayed from the path, Roger followed their father's footsteps into the corporate world. Now, as Nick searches for his brother, he's on a collision course with one of the most powerful corporations in the world--and they will stop at nothing to protect their secrets.
Readmore
Technical Details
- ISBN13: 9780312379087- Condition: NEW
- Notes: Brand New from Publisher. No Remainder Mark.
- Click here to view our Condition Guide and Shipping Prices
See more technical details
By bluzkat (Philadelphia, PA)
Have to agree with the Publishers Weekly review. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't great. This faint praise is particularly poignant because all of his previous books were fabulous. I saw the ending coming a mile away. Also, I listened to the audio book version. The reader's voices were really, really, really annoying. Nick Heller's voice was okay, but his SIL and nephew whined their way through the entire book. And it was hard to tell which was which. The voices were almost identical. Everytime they came on, I cringed, and they are on almost every track. So, if you are inclined to read this book, pick up the hardback or paperback. Leave the audio edition on the shelf.
This was the first in a series of books about Nick Heller. Let's hope in the future stories that Finder reestablishes the intrigue, complex characters and psychological thrills that he exhibited in his previous works.
By D. Johnson (Chicago)
I really enjoy this author, I have read all his books.
action and adventure!fast pace!
By M. Johnson (Georgia)
This book was terrific; a definite page-turner. I enjoyed Nick Heller's swagger, intelligence, comedic flair, and analytical mind. This story could easily appear in a Hollywood movie; move over Jason Bourne. Thanks, J. Finder, for all the twists and turns you presented in this novel. I'll be back for more!
By BeachReader (Delaware)
A quick and compelling read from first page to last. Some of the business talk left me glassy-eyed (I wonder if all the detail was really necessary) and there were a few mistakes (a woman whose body was totally wrapped up in duct tape had defensive wounds on her hands -- no way!) Some details the reader just has to let slide because they strain credibility. The only character I liked or cared about was Nick, which is a flaw in my opinion. But otherwise, it was a good thriller that kept me guessing.
By rry007 (Raleigh, N.C)
I picked up this book on a whim and found that I loved it. Roger Heller and his wife, Lauren, are out on date night when both are attacked. Lauren was in a coma for 24 hours, and when she regains consciousness, is in the hospital wondering what happened. Roger, however, has simply disappeared. Their 14 year old son, Gabe, has no idea what to do, and so turns to the one person he trusts to help out his family; his uncle Nick.
Nick Heller and Roger used to be best friends growing up. Their father, the notorious Victor Heller, used to be a billionaire, but was now rotting away in prison on charges or insider trading and securities fraud. Ever since his imprisonment, Roger and Nick have been estranged. Now, Nick must drop everything to find his brother.
Nick is a very likeable character; he is caring, smart, and witty. The more he uncovers, the more confused he gets, and he realizes that things aren't always as they seem. If you like action and intrigue, this is a great book. The surprises are great, and I have to say that I did not see the end coming at all.
Buy Vanished Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment